Monday, October 12, 2009

Technology Around The World

I thought the video we watched was very interesting. It raises a number of questions concerning the internet. People can do whatever they want on the internet and information about everything is readily available for everyone. I thought it was fascinating how some people basically lived a double life online. They would be completely different people or characters online. I think that shows how the internet can let people do whatever they want. This also shows that the credibility of people on the internet can never be known for certain which can lead predators and fear of safety.

Another issue brought up in the video was parental control. I think it is understandable for parents to be worried about their kids but I also think there should be a limit to it and some things should be left private. When I was in high school our computer was in the TV room of our house, a common area where everyone was coming and going. I know a lot of parents who do that. However, I think wanting the passwords or your kids Facebook or emails is going too far.

In response to the cultural differences of online use, I think some aspects differ but for the most part people use it for similar reasons. I'm from the Middle East and people back home are addicted to Facebook as much as people here in the US. So, despite where you are I think if you use technology you're utilizing it for the same reasons and the problems people face are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment